Good Afternoon Friends –
In today’s post, I am going to go over a few basic items with Liquidware’s Profile Unity that recently came up on a project.
- ProfileUnity Configuration Management
- Profile Unity allows you to create multiple configurations that can be deployed out to users. If you create multiple configurations, remember that the configurations are run in alphabetical order if no group membership is selected
- If you want to run specific configurations based on group membership:
- Click on the configuration | Click Main
- Click on the checkbox next to “Require Group Membership for execution”
- Click “Update” to update the configuration
- Configuration Files
- In most ProfileUnity deployments, the deployment files are located on “\\domain.com\netlogon\profileunity”
- When updating your configuration, deleting the configuration file is not the way to update the file. 🙂
- Ensure that you can update the configuration file when you update the configuration files
- Go to “Administration’ | Under “ProfileUnity Tools” put a checkmark in “Overwrite files if they exist” under “Deployment Path”
- Folder Redirection
- You don’t need to use folder redirection if you are using a ProfileDisk. The ProfileDisk is already sitting on a file share that I hope is being backed up. Why redirect these files more than once?
Just a few items that I hope can help others using ProfileUnity in the future!
Since 2018 is the “Year of VDI”, you’re going to need a Profile Management tool to keep users happy! ProfileUnity is a great choice!