Hello readers, yes.. It’s been a while, but I’m hopefully back to a regular cadence of blogging cool stuff.
Today’s subject is a quick “how-to” about cleaning up pending tasks in VMware AppVolumes that are stuck. The below tasks are done at your own risk.
- Log into your SQL Server that is hosting your AppVolumes Database
- Log into SQL Server Management Console
- Locate your DB and Backup your SQL database – In this case, we used Rubrik (because my customers are cool)
- Expand out the DB and locate “Tables” then find “dbo.delayed.jobs” | Right click and select “Edit Top 200 Rows” – You will see the tasks listed here. If you have 3 pending tasks stuck, you will see 3 rows..
- *At your own risk” select the rows and delete them.
Poof! Your stuck pending tasks have been cleaned up.