With the release of AOS 5.0, you can now perform basic core VM operations with Nutanix Prism. To do this, you will need to register your Nutanix cluster with vCenter. You can perform the following operations from Prism after vCenter is registered.
- Manage VM Guest Tools – This includes VMware tool and Nutanix Guest Tools (NGT)
- Create, Clone, and delete Virtual Machines
- Update Virtual Machine configuration – CPUs, Memory, Disks and NICs
- Power Operations (example below of VM that is powered on – Give you “Power Off” options.
- Open and Launch Console – HTML5
1. Once you are logged into Prism, go to “Settings” and choose “vCenter Registration
This will take about 10-15 seconds to register and you will be notified via the menu bar when its successful.
After vCenter registration is successful. You can manage your virtual machines.
Click on the virtual machine you would like to manage – you will see the following options below the VM tableThese features are great if you want to do all of your basic administration in Prism. One quick thing to be aware of.
- When you take an action in Prism on a VM, you will see a “Nutanix” user made a change in the task list in vCenter. You won’t actually see who made the change. You will have to look at the events in Prism to see when and who made the change.